2013年7月19日金曜日

Be careful what you say


The 1000-year old festival, the Gion Matsuri, has been and gone, incidentally marking the end of my first year here at the Kyoto office.

Here's a picture of the festival taken from the office window.
 
 

Recently I’ve been reviewing Soei’s corporate principles, so when I came across the following article it gave me some food for thought:


It seems that one of the partners of a leading British law firm was responsible for leaking the pseudonym of one of the UK’s best-known writers.

Apparently the partner of this firm told his wife of the famous writer's alternative pen name, who told a friend…who promptly informed the Sunday Times!

Although some suggested that this was a publicity stunt, I strongly doubt it, given the damage this will likely do to the law firm’s reputation.
 
This offers a lesson, or warning, to us all on the importance of client confidentiality.

R.M.

0 件のコメント: