2013年5月2日木曜日

Amps, pedals and pickups


Those of you kind enough to read my blog entries in particular may have noticed that one recurring theme is alcoholic beverages.  So, in order to dispel any impressions that the members of the Kyoto office are simple two dimensional characters only interested in food and drink, I would like to introduce one of my oldest hobbies – playing the guitar.


The pictured acoustic guitar is a Yamaha that I’ve carried around the world since I was a university student, while the electric is a Japanese-made Fender that I’ve had since my 18th birthday.  The keen-eyed observer may also notice that I’m left handed.

Finally, the amplifier is a 15 watt Marshall amp that I recently bought here in Kyoto.  Marshall has been a leader in the field for years.  British-born founder, Jim Marshall, worked alongside the likes of guitarist Jimi Hendrix to develop groundbreaking effects pedals and amplifiers that have helped shape modern music.

Buying the amp, I was surprised at how much the technology has changed since I was 18.  Many of the old pedal effects are now digitalized and incorporated into the amp.  One thing that hasn’t changed, though, is the logo and thick, gutsy sound.

0 件のコメント: